Tuesday 1 July 2008

FB / GF

Me and *** first came in touch with each other about a year ago....maybe more. We hit it off really well, you know how it is - when you first start you can't get enough of each other. I spent all my time thinking about ******. I was even checking ****** through my phone on the way home.....the 20 lost minutes between my work and my home computer was really stressing me.

Anyway, you know how these things go. Eventually, no matter how amazing it seemed at first, you start to notice the flaws, you start to look at the alternatives, see things in them you wish were in the one you have.

I mean there was no instant chat, like ***** (who I used to go with). Time dampens the flame of passion but if there's something inherently good then you stick with it.

I noticed that I was no longer checking my phone every 5 minutes, if woken suddenly and unexpectedly at 3am in the morning no longer would I have to reboot my computer to check to see if anything had changed. I could sleep. I had began to stop caring.

Of course I still spent time with ******. There were times when it was like when we first met.

Anyway, I write this basically to get a few things off my chest. I still love ******. It has so many things going for it (to think I used to go with Myspace - what was I thinking!), so I will stick with it for now.....

BUT IF I GET ONE MORE FUCKING APPLICATION REQUEST IT'S OVER.

No i don't want to be a zombie - grow the fuck up and stop bothering me.

No i don't want to rate you as a friend. You don't want to know what I really think of you and your "hilariously" ironic profile picture. I probably only added you because i wanted to see how pitiful your life has become.

So you sent me a beer did you? Well woopty fucking do! Can i drink it? No? So what the fuck is it for except to waste my cocking time and make me realise what a prick you are for never buying me a real one.

I obviously now expect all the people who read this, who are on facebook to bombard me with application requests.....well there's no point. You're not being funny. I thought of that jape first.

Anyway, that's cleared the air. I think maybe things will get better between me and FB from now....if not I reckon I've always got a chance with Bebo

-----------------------------------------------

See what I did there! I wrote anthropomorphically about Facebook . I'm so hip to the cultural zeitgeist - What will I write about next? Maybe I'll say something even more up to date, original and topical like "Why I think the Iraq War was a bad thing" or "Let's make poverty history"

......actually I want to tackle that second one, next time.

No comments: